20 7 / 2014
what-is-this-thingy-bobby said: How is porn rape?
1. You don’t know the circumstances under which the video was filmed, produced or distributed.
2. Most of the time the women aren’t paid until the end of the shoot and many sexual acts that are not wanted are sprung on them and in order to actually take home that pay check, they are coerced into acts that they did not consent to.
3. These videos/images can not be taken down from the internet at a later date, one can not with draw their participation in pornography (genuine consent requires the ability to withdraw it,)
4. Many women in the porn industry are survivors of abuse or are in precarious financial situations or may out right trafficked. There aren’t other choices out there for them and porn may be their only option. This is not consent.
5. Many women are raped for pornography - look at the cases of Steubenville, Rehtaeh Parsons or the 2006 Werribee Incident in Australia. Or a more recent case in the UK where a young woman was murdered by a young man who was trying to recreate BDSM pornography.
I (mod P) have been raped and my rapist made pornography of it. These are not by any means isolated accounts.
20 7 / 2014
I don’t want sex, I want the things that lead up to it. The slow kissing then the passionate kissing, then the pulling closer, the neck kisses, the grabbing, biting, heavy breathing, grinding, the pauses while you catch your breath, feeling each other. Oh my.
15 7 / 2014
my feminist goal is not to convince men that girls are of value, my feminist goal is to achieve a future where the judgement of our value isn’t in the hands of men.